Membership categories and benefits
There are five categories of IASA membership:
- Institutional: for institutions, organisations, corporations, business enterprises or associations holding sound and/or audiovisual collections or dedicated to the purposes of IASA.
- Individual: for persons involved in the work of archives and other institutions, organisations, corporations, business enterprises which hold, manage or preserve sound or audiovisual documents and are dedicated to the purposes of IASA; including persons retired from professional engagement. A reduced fee is available for Students upon provision of a current student ID as proof of status.
- Honorary: may be awarded by the General Assembly on the recommendation of the Executive Board as a token of meritorious service in the work of sound and audiovisual archives.
- Sustaining: for institutions, organisations, corporations, business enterprises, associations or individuals contributing an additional amount to their annual dues.
- Sponsoring: Individuals or institutions may become Sponsoring Members by assuming responsibility for the payment of two or more memberships.
Note: Individuals or institutions supported by a sponsoring member shall have the same benefits as the membership category for which they are sponsored.
In addition, there are two Supporting Categories that are associated with IASA but do not have membership rights except as specified in the By-Laws:
- Supporters: for institutions, organisations, corporations, business enterprises, associations or individuals interested in the work of IASA.
- Subscribers: for any institutions, organisations, corporations, business enterprises, associations or individuals.
The benefits accorded to each category are tabulated below:
|raise the profile of sound & AV heritage through links with international and national bodies|
|set standards & share best practices for sound and AV|
|receive regular IASA communications||5||2|
|discounted conferences registration fees||5||2|
|download free publications||5||2|
|discounts on selected IASA publications||5||2|
|exclusive member-only website pages||5||2|
|member-only website forum||5||2|
|contact other members worldwide via website||5||2|
|entitlement to apply for IASA Travel Awards||5||2|
|entitlement to apply for IASA Research Grants||5||2|
|permitted to hold office on Executive Board & serve on Committees, Sections & Task Forces||5||2|
|entitlement to vote on Association business*|
|Sustaining members webpage|
5 Institutional Members or Institutional Supporters may nominate up to five individuals at their organisation to receive these benefits.
2 Sustaining Members may nominate up to two individuals at their organisation to receive these benefits.
*two votes each permitted for Institutional Members and Sustaining Members.